TREATMENT FOR COCCIDIOSIS
• Characterized by bloody diarrhea. Common to young birds below 4 months of age.
• Caused by small parasites that multiply inside the host cells, mainly in the intestinal tract.
Swollen cecum with presence of blood, haemorrhage in the lining of the cecum.
Vaccination with Coccidiosis vaccine (Coccivacc)
• Pilmico Animal Health Toltrazuril 2.5%
• Toltrazuril is active against coccidian parasites, which include Isospora and Eimeria spp.
• Toltrazuril acts against all intracellular developmental stages of coccidia of the merogony and gamogony
It must be shaken before use. Treatment during an outbreak will be of limited value for the individual gamefowl because of damage to the small intestine having already occurred.
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
• 7mg/kg/day Consecutive at least 48 hours
• 1 ml per 1 liter of water for at least 48 hours consecutively or
• 3 ml per 1 liter of water for at least 8 hours consecutive day for 2 consecutive days
• “Shuttle Program” changing of anti- coccidial drug every 4-6 months to avoid resistance